   RE: [xml-dev] Programming for Markup vs. Markup for Programming

I understand the advantages where one wants and
needs aggregation.

Aggregation is not always useful.  There are lots of
examples where it is better to keep the markup and the
instance simple by reinventing the markup rather than
attempting by namespace assignment to provide a means
to identify the processors in the framework.   If the
namespace is dereferenced and points to something like
RDDL, que bueno, but that is just a level of indirection
for choosing the interpreters to choose the referents.

So, yes, useful, but not necessary.

To me, that means XML 1.0 + Namespaces 1.0 where the
first choice is to use XML, then one chooses to use
Namespaces.  The dependency goes from left to right,
not right to left.

len