   Re: [xml-dev] XLink olden days

From: "Paul Prescod" <paul@prescod.net>

> It isn't the verbosity. It's the number of things to keep in your head.

Paul, don't you know that XML makes our heads irrelevant?

The only documents that matter are those that are constructed
by algorithm from databases.  All that business with single-headed
documents, document ID scopes, document types, using attributes
to specialize the element, architectural forms-things, scoped attributes,
trying to find idioms which could fit into people's heads, the emphasis on
readability and writability, all that never happened or if it did
couldn't possibly have worked, or if it did work, it worked for
other reasons which probably don't apply now that we are
much wiser and know that nothing can be done without Types,
well at least our types, which are pretty similar to the other
mobs types, trust me.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe