   Re: [xml-dev] Is XML Ubiquitous yet? (was Re: [xml-dev] PushingSAX event

A few things come to mind. Macromedia Flash does have a DOM (like?) parser
but I am not aware of any event parsers whether push or pull. I would
imagine that there are any number of special-purpose devices that don't. I
can imagine legacy systems that you are trying to integrate into a system
that works with XML. And bricks of course.

I suppose that in many of these cases the situation may not be stated in the
same way. Often it is seen as an integration problem that requires
conversion from some kind of XML based protocol to some other protocol --
the thought of actually sending the xml never enters anyone's head. In other
words, even if there was an XML parser available it may not be
feasible/possible/reasonable/efficient/sensible to use it.

Bob