   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Can XLink be fixed?

Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> Norm Walsh writes:
>
>>On the other hand, this is an, uhm, LSI, and is sure to be greeted by
>>some with the same enthusiasm as the PSVI :-).
>
> Provided that there's a clear mechanism for serializing the LSI as XML
> in some easily processed form (XLink-like or not), I suspect you can
> navigate those rocks.

Yeah.  This is the best suggestion I've seen yet for allowing the HTML
WG to alleviate their angst and auto-magically make their existing link
vocabulary recognizable (in some sense) as an XLink.  If, however, they
wanted to insert a general-purpose multi-ended link facility of the sort
that XLink's complex link was designed for, it would seem best if they
put it in the XLink namespace and use ordinary xlink:href syntax for the
purpose.  --Tim