   RE: [xml-dev] What the .... ? Referencing XSL stylesheets across domain

As I said earlier, the Web can't deprecate its
applications the way a business would.  Legacy
builds in a business application to some point,
and while promising upward compatibility, they
cut off support.   HTML is like kudzu; amazingly
resilient to heat, poison, incursions by other
ecological competitors, and so on.  You can't
kill it by talking it to death.  It has to be
plowed under, and even then, it comes back it
you don't get the remains out of the soil.

It may be time to build pure XML browsers that
recognize XML applications (such as XHTML) and
even SGML applications such as valid HTML, but
reject the rest.

Well... that's a neat dream but I don't expect
to see it.  I expect to see IE get ever more
bloated.  Think of the fat cats of the robber
barron period who's success is reflected in their
girth.  By winning the browser war, IE and MS take
on the burden of all the legacy.  Nichemeisters
will be left to innovate XML-only web browsers.

Is there a market for it?  Hard to say.

len