   XMLHTTP Posts and performance

Hello,

I have two questions, one regarding the peformance of a serverXMLHttp post and the other refering to the XML being posted.

First, the performance issue:

I post XML data from one server to another, utilizing XML as a method to transport batches of data.  Server(A) reads in an XML doc, then passes it to Server(B) using the serverXMLHTTP objects and methods of MSXML2.  Server(B) then (requests) the posted XML and does what it does with it.  All works great, except it is very slow....  What is going on here, what is making this bugger go so slow?  So far, I have only tested this script with very simple XML docs, I'm affraid to test it with a large one!

Second, the XML document:

The XML I have constructed is a avery simple (see below).  I generate the XML on Server(A) in code, and then pass it to Server(B).  On Server(B), when I read the XML document, I have to read it from a posted form value because if I perform a true "binary" (request) of the XML document, it screws up my other code which is looking for form variables.  My "Send" method looks like this:

xmHttp.send "POST","xml=" & my_xml_doc,FALSE

On Server(B), I then read the XML document like this:

xm.LoadXML request.form("XML")

Okay, so this all works, untill I add the <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> processing instruction (with and without the encoding, still doesn't work).  The behaviour is strange, after a few tests, Server(B) is not able to receive any XML.
Do you all want to see code?  Visit a site to test it?  This is weird.

At this point, my confidence is shaken and I'm not sure what is the correct way to form a POST and a Request for XML data.

Thanks for the help.
Karl