   RE: [xml-dev] What the .... ? Referencing XSL stylesheets across domain

On 15 Aug 2002 at 11:21, Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> > > Inertia is great stuff.
> >
> > How can you say "inertia" if both Mozilla and IE6 *do* support XSLT?
>
> I was referring to IE's CSS support.  XSLT isn't exactly an easy
> substitute for most web developers.

Or rather, isn't a substitute at all, wouldn't you say? If you believe
in separating content from formatting, then you have to use CSS anyway.

And as for browsers supporting XSLT, it's perfectly true that the very
latest versions do support it, but I wonder how many end users have the
very latest versions? I'd wager most people are still using IE5, and
very few are using Mozilla. And it's arguable that Microsoft took much
longer than they should have to ship an XSLT-compliant browser--MSXML,
after all, was close to 100% compliance as early as April or May 2000.
Netscape, of course, has just generally had their heads up their ...

So I don't see a problem with saying 'inertia' with respect to CSS.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA