   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Can XLink be fixed?

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> Paul Prescod writes:
> > That sounds great from a language lawyer point of view but if I'm
> > making a commercial software application, like XMetaL or Google, *how
> > do I recognize links* in a vocabulary-neutral manner?
>
> Opera's CSS approach sounds pretty good to me, especially since XMetal
> already speaks CSS and Google would have access to CSS for pages
> deployed on the Web.

That's fine with me. But let's not pretend that the useful thing going
on is infoset augmentation. The infoset augmentation is only interesting
to language lawyers. The CSS-Link *syntax* is the relevant proposal.
--
"When I walk on the floor for the final execution, I'll wear a denim
suit. I'll walk in there like Willie Nelson, John Wayne, Will Smith