   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Can XLink be fixed?

While I can't speak for the XHTML Working Group on this, as our
deliberations are not yet public, I am confident the group would not
object to my saying that an approach like this has been, and is
currently, under consideration.  The Working Group is/will be
coordinating closely with the TAG, with the CSS folks, and with the WAI
folks to ensure that the approach we end up proposing is generalized,
scalable, and addresses the requirements of our constituents.

I expect that the working group will be in a position to publish some
supporting materials in the coming weeks.