   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Can XLink be fixed?

/ "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com> was heard to say:
| Paul Prescod writes:
|> That sounds great from a language lawyer point of view but if I'm
|> making a commercial software application, like XMetaL or Google, *how
|> do I recognize links* in a vocabulary-neutral manner?
|
| Opera's CSS approach sounds pretty good to me, especially since XMetal
| already speaks CSS and Google would have access to CSS for pages
| deployed on the Web.
|
| Just one possibility, of course.

Bleh! No, thank you. No, no, no!

If identifying links in a vocabulary-neutral way is a requirement,
let's just fix XLink so that it can do that. Just about the very last
thing I want is to have to consult some quasi-structured text document
to find the links in my document.

Surely that way lies madness...

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm