   Re: [xml-dev] WXS acronym?

In a message dated 16/08/2002 17:21:10 GMT Daylight Time, simonstl@simonstl.com writes:

I'm starting to apply the same terminology to XQuery - W3C XML Query is
just one option among many.  It's not my problem that the W3C uses a
naming scheme to effectively declare itself as the sole authority on
these subjects.

Simon,

I think XQuery is ok. It doesn't claim, implicitly, to be the only XML schema/XML query language.

We can talk of XML query languages (generically) and use the term XQuery to refer to the W3C flavour. That, to me, seems perfectly acceptable.

Andrew Watt