   Re: [xml-dev] WXS acronym?

Jonathan Robie scripsit:

> Is there a reason for not calling this language W3C XML Schema or XSDL, the
> official name and acronym for the language respectively?

Although the term "XSDL" is commonly bandied about on W3C-based mailing
lists, it is mentioned on the public W3C site only in the SOX Note
and the XML Query Requirements, so it hardly seems to be official in
the same sense that HTML, XML, XSLT, or DOM are.

Until a month or so ago and on this list, I had never encountered any short
term but "XML Schema", which I dislike because it is excessively generic.
The natural acronym for "W3C XML Schema" is WXS.

--
John Cowan   jcowan@reutershealth.com   http://www.reutershealth.com
    "Mr. Lane, if you ever wish anything that I can do all you will have