   Re: [xml-dev] WXS acronym?

Jonathan Robie scripsit:

> Things have names. If you have political points to make, perhaps you could
> make them *next* to the names of the things to which you refer, so that it
> is clear what you are referring to? After all, nobody can use Google to
> search the W3C web site and find the specs to which you refer by the names
> you use.

Things are given names by namers.  I refer to WXS and RNG, neither of which
is official (RELAX NG has no official acronym either).

Some people on the Unicode mailing list didn't like the term "Astral Planes"
either (which I coined, I believe), but it has stuck for Planes 1 through 10,
despite the lack of support in the text of the Standard.

--
Only do what only you can do.           John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
  --Edsger W. Dijkstra,                 http://www.reutershealth.com