	From: Dave Yancey [mailto:dyancey1@hotmail.com]
	Sent: Fri 8/16/2002 10:12 AM
	To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
	Subject: [xml-dev] XML-Schema Help

	Hello all,

	I've been following the threads here for a while and have learned a great
	deal from everyone.

	My question is this, in a Schema is it possible to have an element be
	required only if its parent element exists.

	For example in the code below if timeframetype exists then either
	earliestdate or latestdate would be required, 1 or the other but both are
	not required.

	Thanks for any help in advance.

	David Yancey
	david_yancey@harte-hanks.com

	<xs:complexType name="timeframeType">
	        <xs:sequence>
	                <xs:element ref="description"/>
	                <xs:element ref="earliestdate" minOccurs="0"/>
	                <xs:element ref="latestdate" minOccurs="0"/>
	        </xs:sequence>
	</xs:complexType>