   Re: [xml-dev] WXS acronym?

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] WXS acronym?
  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:48:51 -0400

> "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com> writes:
>
> > But if you refer to me as "O'Reilly Simon St.Laurent" or as
> > "simonstl.com Simon St.Laurent", people will more than likely get
it,
> > and the odds of anyone taking offense are much slighter.
>
> Except maybe Tim O

Heh.  It's already clear that we're not the same person or mind:
http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/8917
http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/6828

A better approach would probably be "O'Reilly & Associates Simon
St.Laurent", thereby making the business separation clear, and
acronymizing that ORASSL.

Some people will like to abbrevaiate that further to letters 3-5, I'm
sure.

(And that also avoids any confusion with Bill O'Reilly while we're at
it.)

Simon St.Laurent
SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI