   RE: [xml-dev] linking, 80/20

Hi Len,

Len said:
SGML just conflated well-formedness and validity.
Otherwise, XML works the same way as SGML.  Both
depend on external documents ultimately.

Didier replies:
I agree Len, and the next question would be then, why use XML if it is
as complex and less versatile than SGML?

I though that the xml framework would be consistent, coherent, that
generic modules could be re-used because, in my own mental structure, it
seems to reduce the cognitive load imposed to it and finally, the
benefit I got with XML is that no external documents are needed to
process an instance (i.e. a document). Boy, we're far from that!

Cheers
Didier PH Martin