   Re: [xml-dev] Architectural Forms (was Re: [xml-dev] XHTML 2.0 and the

Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com> wrote:

| I just want to point out that I like AFs.  I like the ideas behind them,
| and I appreciate the arguments that have been made that they are a more
| general system than namespaces.

And leave it at just that, I take it?

| My point is that this is all abstract AFAIC, because I don't use them.
| None of my tools do, and I haven't got around to using anything that does.
| I do use namespaces all the time, though, and usually with little incident,
| so I am naturally fine with a solution based on NS.

This is qualitatively no different than an exchange like: "Why <FRAME>s?"
"Because they're there".

One would think that on a developer list, there would be a greater than
usual willingness to consider *developing* alternatives, rather than
merely finding satisfaction on the basis of what already exists, thanks to
having caught the fancy of developers who came before.

It really seems that Afs do *not* have to be rediscovered.  They have to
be reinvented.  Leading edge and all that.