   RE: [xml-dev] patterns vs. identifiers

Bill de hÓra
> You're confusing RDF with it's XML (which is not unlike confusing HTTP
> messages with octet streams).

No, I'm not.

> RDF is very much designed with humans in mind; the graph can be
> presented any way you see fit. In my humble but correct opinion, RDF
> graphs are perfectly clear, until you choose to represent them in an
> unclear way, in this case using XML.

Please read the original message in this thread.  Programmers may choose
to believe that people think through long chains of abstract identifiers
connected in graphs, but I'm afraid that isn't the case for most people.

RDF and XML are a poor fit in general, but I don't think it's remotely
possible to claim that RDF-think is as accessible as XML-think to most
people.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether