   Re: [xml-dev] XHTML 2.0 and the death of XLink and XPointer?

At 03:09 PM 8/20/2002 -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

>Perhaps, but that's a different argument altogether.  My point is that if
>XHTML already uses namespaces (and thus introduces the "bewildering
>complexity" you suggest) isn't it strange to say that taking advantage of the
>point of namespaces (i.e. for embedding vocabularies) is burdensome?

<personal opinion, not representative of the WG>

XHTML uses namespaces because it has to. Just as any other spec produced
these days has to.

Any blended mixed-namespace documents that use "XHTML" but are not
conformant to either of the two definitions of a modularized XHTML
language, are simply XML borrowing XHTML elements. It's not XHTML.

Ann
-----
Ann Navarro, WebGeek, Inc.
http://www.webgeek.com