   RE: [xml-dev] Hobbsian processes

Hi Miles,

Miles said:
Right, but the cost of reaching and maintaing consensus has to be
factored into that calculation. Also, I'd imagine, the costs of simply
finding all the relevant parties to such an agreement.

Bear in mind that in many cases the parties will have an awkward mix of
cooperative and competitive interests, and that the speed and direction
of their changes of need and interest are also likely to differ.

Didier replies:
You are right on this. Add to the economical cooperation and competition
forces, the innovation and social acceptance forces. Take also into
account the demographic cohort in which all these efforts take place. If
you are dealing with a very individualistic cohort, then the cost are
high otherwise the cost are much lower. I think that we are beginning
more and more to deal with networked systems and that cooperative
behaviors are more suited to that. Top down and one to many systems like
the one we inherited are no longer the best practice to follow (at least
for networked systems). These Cost are mainly caused by demographic and
social attitudes.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin