   RE: [xml-dev] Is W3C Losing the Plot?

In re:

Andrew,

The current draft http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-xforms-20020821/ is NOT the
Candidate Recommendation; it is a snapshot made public in order to solicit
public feedback as we begin the work to make the next phase draft.

See the following text from the status section of the document:

	Following completion of Last Call, the XForms Working Group has
agreed to publish this
	public interim Working Draft incorporating the resolution of all
last call issues
	reported on the XForms 1.0 Last Call Working Draft published on 18
January 2002.

	This Working Draft is a pre-version the Candidate Recommendation
document.
	Its goal is to show the work on disposition of comments and allow
authors of the
	Last Call comments to review the current XForms specification before
we advance
	to Candidate Recommendation. The two weeks review will close on 4
September 2002.

I'm sure you know this, but I want to make sure that the xml-dev community
is aware of this process as well: The WG have received a number of public
comments, both from you and many from implementors of XForms, and the W3C
process requires that these comments be addressed, and that feedback be
sought from the commentor.

Leigh.