   Re: [xml-dev] Tablet PC ink is XML

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 8:32 pm, Dan Mabbutt wrote:
> Checking the MS show schedule, I see that most of the country still hasn't
> seen the show yet. I was lucky enough to be in one of the early cities.
>
> If MS pulls this one off, the 'pen' will become a ubiquitous interface much
> like the mouse is today.

...again, veering off topic, but did anyone who saw one happen to notice
whether it still uses the quaint 'scrollbar' paradigm that the Newton simply
didn't need? I ask because my Pocket PC has been designed to be virtually
unusable in that in order to use the scrollbar, it involves totally obscuring
the screen with the whole of your hand, so you don't know where to stop.
Unless you're right handed, I suppose, but I wouldn't know about that sort of
weirdness.

--
Ian Tindale