   RE: [xml-dev] SML: Second Try

Dare,

I do remember taking a brief passing look at ConciseXML.  No, the syntax
what I am proposing is different from ConciseXML.  Most importantly, I am
not using whitespaces to replace the need for brackets of any kind other
than quotes.  Only similar syntax I have seen is Tanga about which I was
informed of just an hour ago.

Tanga wiki: http://wiki.truemesh.com/tanga/TangaSyntax
Tanga code: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tanga

Allow me to reemphasize that this version of SML (yes, its been used by
Standard ML and SML-DEV but I can't think of another name yet) was designed
from a very different perspective than others with the exception of Tanga.

Its key points are HUMAN READABILITY and WRITABILITY.  Colored-syntax
editors helps, but they still leave rather colorful syntactic noise on the
screen and yet doesn't save any keystrokes.  I don't know about you, but I
get tired of typing and looking at those angle brackets.  This is why I
bothered.

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse