   RE: [xml-dev] SML: Second Try

It's a mere step away from proposing and adopting a plethora of alternative
syntaxes to having the XML Infoset become the de facto core and the rest
(include XML proper) mere serializations thereof.

If that makes some people unhappy, then the only alternative I see is to
trim the fat out of XML a la XML Core.  And I know that makes other people
unhappy.  I don't see a third path, though.