   web services stack

Does anyone know of a current and hopefully complete picture of the
(SOAP) Web Services stack?  I'm trying to explain the pieces and the
players at the moment and finding that it's difficult once you get
beyond SOAP/WSDL/UDDI.  Part of that is interplay between the
specifications, part of it is competing specifications, and part of it
is sheer overload.

IBM developerWorks has a good piece at:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsa/?dwzone
=webservices

Sadly, it's IBM-centric, eight months old,  and doesn't get into
exciting things like choreography.

There's also this one, but it doesn't mention security:
http://www.stencilgroup.com/ideas_scope_200106wsdefined.html

The WS-I Overview (remember, no quiet enjoyment!) talks about profiling
stacks but doesn't quite define what it's profiling:
http://www.ws-i.org/docs/20030115.wsi.introduction.pdf

All suggestions are welcome.  Mostly I just want pictures, preferably
ones that look more like a stack and less like people playing catch.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!