   Re: [xml-dev] web services stack

Simon,

You may want to look into the Global XML Web Services Architecture
(GXA), whose specifications are written by Microsoft, IBM, Verisign,
SAP, RSA, and BEA Systems.  This includes WS-Security, along with
approximately 13 other specifications (plus some yet-to-be-released).

The attached PPT is a presentation on GXA that I am going to give to a
Federal audience in the coming months (it's already been posted
publicly) - not many pictures but hopefully the concepts will be
valuable.

Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> Does anyone know of a current and hopefully complete picture of the
> (SOAP) Web Services stack?  I'm trying to explain the pieces and the
> players at the moment and finding that it's difficult once you get
> beyond SOAP/WSDL/UDDI.  Part of that is interplay between the
> specifications, part of it is competing specifications, and part of it
> is sheer overload.
>
> IBM developerWorks has a good piece at:
> http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsa/?dwzone
> =webservices
>
> Sadly, it's IBM-centric, eight months old,  and doesn't get into
> exciting things like choreography.
>
> There's also this one, but it doesn't mention security:
> http://www.stencilgroup.com/ideas_scope_200106wsdefined.html
>
> The WS-I Overview (remember, no quiet enjoyment!) talks about profiling
> stacks but doesn't quite define what it's profiling:
> http://www.ws-i.org/docs/20030115.wsi.introduction.pdf
>
> All suggestions are welcome.  Mostly I just want pictures, preferably
> ones that look more like a stack and less like people playing catch.
>
> --
> Simon St.Laurent
> Ring around the content, a pocket full of brackets
> Errors, errors, all fall down!
> http://simonstl.com -- http://monasticxml.org

GXA Presentation.ppt

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano