	From: Simon St.Laurent [mailto:simonstl@simonstl.com]
	Sent: Wed 2/5/2003 8:38 AM
	To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
	Subject: [xml-dev] web services stack

	Does anyone know of a current and hopefully complete picture of the
	(SOAP) Web Services stack?  I'm trying to explain the pieces and the
	players at the moment and finding that it's difficult once you get
	beyond SOAP/WSDL/UDDI.  Part of that is interplay between the
	specifications, part of it is competing specifications, and part of it
	is sheer overload.

	IBM developerWorks has a good piece at:
	http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsa/?dwzone
	=webservices

	Sadly, it's IBM-centric, eight months old,  and doesn't get into
	exciting things like choreography.

	There's also this one, but it doesn't mention security:
	http://www.stencilgroup.com/ideas_scope_200106wsdefined.html

	The WS-I Overview (remember, no quiet enjoyment!) talks about profiling
	stacks but doesn't quite define what it's profiling:
	http://www.ws-i.org/docs/20030115.wsi.introduction.pdf

	All suggestions are welcome.  Mostly I just want pictures, preferably
	ones that look more like a stack and less like people playing catch.

	--
	Simon St.Laurent
	Errors, errors, all fall down!