   RE: [xml-dev] Urgent !!

I think I have already heard about this (Alaric?).  It would not be hard
at all to provide a description of the infoset in the ASN.1 language (or
has it already been done?).  A value of this ASN.1 "Infoset" data type
could then be encoded in PER.

Exchanging such PER encodings of the infoset would be, in many cases, an
interesting alternative to exchanging XML documents.  The reduction in
size can be significant, and so can the reduction in parsing time (PER
is fast to encode and decode).

All of this could be done immediately, by using current off-the-shelf
tools.

Alessandro Triglia