   Re: [xml-dev] New tool for handling XML in Java

Michael Kay wrote:

>>>For the first time, developers can gain a familiar and
>>convenient Java
>>>object-based view of their XML data without losing access to the
>>>richness of the original, native XML structure.
>>
>>What crap. -Tim
>
> Do please expand! Are you saying that developers can't do this, or that
> they could do it before, or that the assertion is meaningless?

In the first quarter of 1997 I and then Norbert Mikula, within a few
weeks of each other, released Java XML parsers, both of which provided
classes with names like Element, Attribute, Document, Text, and Entity,
offering object-oriented access to 100% of the information content in XML.

It's a pity, BEA is usually a pretty smart company in my opinion, but
that posting was egregiously stupid.  And who knows, quite likely this
XML Beans stuff is actually interesting and useful.  -Tim