   Re: [xml-dev] Parsing efficiency? - why not 'compile'????

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 15:14, Karl Waclawek wrote:

> Basically, the effort to get up and running with a small XML project
> is minimal as long as I have a parser.

Thing is, I reckon any reasonably binxml parser would come with a tool (and
it would be a simple tool to write) that maps it to and from textual XML. And
it should be the case that parsers accept both text-XML and bin-XML while
outputting your choice of format, so for development you could just run in
"output text" mode anyway, saving the manual conversion tool for when
something goes wrong in a live system and all you have are capture messages
rather than the ability to recreate the problem on a test bed.

http://www.alaric-snell.com/xml-dev-threads.html#binxml is being extended to
cover these points as fast as I can type :-)

> Karl

ABS

--
A city is like a large, complex, rabbit