   RE: [xml-dev] Registered Namespace prefixes

>   Registries are evil, DNS is there it's already a massive robbery,
> though I like the business model [*], I dislike being a forced client.

DNS's are a magnitude or two above the complexity of a simple prefix
registry.  I don't see any need for replication; prefix caches can be
maintained locally, and sparsely.

The only real purpose of the this registry is to ensure uniqueness.  It
could maintain URIs, also, but if the URI is a RDDL, that's all that has to
be maintained: the URI.  You can cache the RDDL stuff however way you want.