   RE: [xml-dev] Registered Namespace prefixes

dareo@microsoft.com (Dare Obasanjo) writes:
>Namespace prefixes are a syntactic shortcut that should not have been
>blessed with being a [property] in the XML Infoset let alone something
>as bass-ackwards as elevating some of them to having "registered"
>status. I'd never advice anyone I know to participate in such a
>venture.

If URIs weren't so overloaded, I might agree.  Since I spend far too
much time advising people when URIs are URLs and when they are just
identifiers, I can't say I find any value in the destination of the
shortcut.

I'll take the prefixes only at this point.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!