   RE: [xml-dev] The subsetting has begun

I'll quibble and say that data formatted in XML isn't really
self-documenting.  At best, the tags of XML provide structure and mnemonics
that facilitate remembering or connoting what the data represents.

If you used really long, full-sentence grammar, studly-capped names in the
tags, I suppose you could call it self-documenting.  Annotations are
probably better, though.