   RE: [xml-dev] Access XML

bry@itnisk.com (bryan) writes:
>>A few MS-specific extensions there, but nothing too frightening.
>>(And yes, Access 2002 could do the export, but I believe 2003 is the
>>first to come up to speed with W3C XML Schema.)
>
>the xml plug-in for Access 2002 I have also exports WXSD.

According to this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnacc11
/html/odc_acov.asp

They've updated it for the Rec - http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
instead of http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema, and updated the data
types.  I'd thought they were using XDR before, but that was likely a
figment of my imagination.  (Most of the Access work I've done was in
2.0 and 97.)

It's XSLT now.  http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform .

>The plugin also exports a html file for display the xml with the
>wd-xsl. It would be nice if in the updated version this were an xhtml
>file.

It appears to generate HTML 4.0 with a large chunk of VBScript.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!