   Re: [xml-dev] XSLT vs. CSS (Re: Indexing)

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 10:26, Mike Kozlowski wrote:

> My point was, and is, simply that XSLT and CSS are solving different
> problems entirely, and don't directly compete in any way.  Is that a
> statement with which you can agree?

How about _should_ solve different problems. I hesitate to speak for
Simon, let alone web developers that I really don't know, but I find it
an expensive pain in the rear to have another step in my pipeline doing

<xsl:template match='section'>
	<h2>SECTION
	<xsl:value-of select="position()"/>

merely because

section:before {
content:	"SECTION " counter(secnum) " " ;
}

doesn't work

--
Frank <frank@therichards.org>