   Re: [xml-dev] filesystems

<Quote>
I think you missed the point of the thread completely.
</Quote>

I'm sorry, I don't recall referencing the "point of the thread" in my
response (and I have not actually had a chance to read your article). My
intention was simply to reference an emerging open standard that
incorporates XML and directories/filesystems, in the event that it may
have provided an additional angle to your viewpoint.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> chiusano_joseph@bah.com (Chiusano Joseph) writes:
> ><Quote> I still haven't really seen XML/filesystem connections
> >implemented, but I hope it's just a matter of time. </Quote>
> >
> >Simon, you may want to check out OASIS' Directory Services Markup
> >Language (DSML[1]), if you haven't already.
>
> I think you missed the point of the thread completely.  "Representing
> directory structural information as an XML document" isn't what
> interests me or what we were discussing.  Treating XML documents as if
> they were extensions of filesystems is what interests me.
>
> See, for (ancient) example:
> http://simonstl.com/articles/filesyst.htm

> >> Good to see you again, James!
> >>
> >> I also wrote something about this way back when:
> >> http://simonstl.com/articles/filesyst.htm

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano