Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Bob Foster" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,"Bullard, Claude L \(Len\)" <email@example.com>,<firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Symbol Grounding and Running Code: Is XML Really Extensible?
- From: "Dare Obasanjo" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:16:57 -0700
- Thread-index: AcNhHu6anChjLdqETnmx4ZHEZonfpQAAD51w
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] Symbol Grounding and Running Code: Is XML Really Extensible?
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bob Foster [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 3:26 PM
> To: Bullard, Claude L (Len); email@example.com
> Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Symbol Grounding and Running Code: Is
> XML Really Extensible?
> Why not leave meaning the province of humans, who sometimes
> write programs to give an operational "meaning" to XML
> documents? The meaning is not intrinsic to the document; only
> the syntax is.
Agreed. XML is about syntax and nothing else. People who think otherwise
have been misled by the XML hype of yesteryear.
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Eat right, Exercise, Die anyway.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no