   Re: [xml-dev] relax ng public list?

Dave Pawson scripsit:

> >I don't understand what's wrong with using this list for questions
> >about  RELAX NG.
>
> Purely perception, but IMHO, its near as damn it off topic?

Very much on topic: we are about XML technologies, of which RNG is definitely one;
it's about validation of XML documents, quite independently of whether a
particular RNG schema is expressed in XML or not.

> I still see relax-ng as marginal, despite my personal preferences?

We try harder.  (TM)

> > Surely this mailing list is not restricted to discussion of
> >W3C-recommended technologies.
>
> No?

No.

> >I don't think a separate mailing list would be a very good forum for RELAX
> >NG evangelism: that would be somewhat of a case of preaching to the choir.
>
> I again quote Tommie, Tony Graham and the xslt list.
> Its my bet (OK, not to be lost) that xslt would be less than it is
> without xslt-list?
> They may preach to the choir, but the questions are answered... mostly
> politely

I agree that this would be a Good Thing, and if someone will supply infra
structure, I'd be happy to answer newbie questions.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
"The exception proves the rule."  Dimbulbs think: "Your counterexample proves