   Re: [xml-dev] XML-appropriate editing data structures

From: "Amelia A Lewis" <amyzing@talsever.com>

> I am *so* in agreement with Elliotte here.  Although I would extend it
> beyond XML editors; I absolutely cannot use any programming language
> editor that does auto-completion, if it can't be disabled.  And I think
> that *that* is a great principle for any editor--don't do *anything* to my
> damned document (whether it's narrative or structural) unless I *ask* you
> to, thank you very much.

Heh, I call it the Office-Assistant-Syndrome. Microsoft loves to make their
applications try to think for you, particularly later versions of an App.
Personally, I don't mind any "feature", as long as I can turn it off.
Nothing gives me more satisfaction than to watch that annoying paperclip
disappear for good.

I do hate though when a lot of features bloat the application so much that
no matter how many features are turned off, it still takes forever to load
(forever=relative-computer-time, i.e. about 10 seconds or more). I hated
dbl-clicking a 10kb XML document and wait the immense load time before
finally XMLSpy came up.

-BKN