   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Hostility to "binary XML" (was Re: [xml-dev] XML2004 w

Rick Marshall wrote:
> my first mobile was the size of an eyeglass case and worked for only a
> few hours without recharging. now it lasts for days and has a camera,
> pda, etc is 25% the size, 15% the weight, and still makes phone calls!

There's no argument that the batteries are getting better. They're just
getting better slow, too slow, waaay too slow. And then, even if you get
the batteries to be able to spit out a convenient amount of power for a
sufficiently long amount of time, you've got this little problem called
heat calling in. Sure enough my cell phone's battery lasts a good two
weeks, but then all I do with it is use it a very nice colour screen
polyphonic alarm clock. Last time I tried to drag it onto the Web to see
some election results (over GPRS), a fair quarter of it got dragged out
of that same battery. It's not that simple.

--
Robin Berjon