   Re: [xml-dev] Schemas As Anti-bodies and Dynamical Systems

Nathan,

Quoting Nathan Young <natyoung@cisco.com>:

> A lot of processes have a human in the loop.  Sometimes unavoidably.  One
> big effect is as a transaction limiting factor.  You just can't spread a
> virus as fast if a person has to click to make it happen, even if you can
> get them to do it consistently (which is hard even when it is in their
> best interest).

Yes, funny that...

at the same time.. this is how most of our communications systems
are designed. They really only tend to operate at the speed that
the users can click..

I think they can go faster than that...

of course down at the packet level there is lots of stuff flying
around on an average network and I'm sure that things will get
busier down there.

but there is so much more data out there that wants to move but
can't because it's always sitting around for a user to find the
click button..

I guess it's all the start of a fundimental change of what we
regard as the computer. Is the computer the one on the desktop
or is it all the ones in the company or is it all the ones
in all the companies that we deal with..?

we're still making that transition I think...

of course.. in Allied Military systems, this is the way that
the computers work, so it's not anything new per se.

Just moving the same sort of concepts into civilian or
business environments I think we are in for some exciting
times...

David