   Re: [xml-dev] [ANN] smallx XML Infoset and Pipeline Released (Open Sourc

On Apr 12, 2005, at 8:30 AM, Elliotte Harold wrote:

> Alex Milowski wrote:
>
>> In smallx you stream info items--not SAX.  As such, when you receive
>> a start tag you get the name, attributes, and in-scope namespaces.
>> In SAX, those are separate callbacks and implementing against that
>> is much harder.
>
> That's blatantly incorrect. Names and attributes are not separate
> callbacks in SAX. They are passed as arguments to startElement.
> In-scope namespaces do require separate callbacks, but that's rarely
> needed.

Yep.  I was thinking of the prefix mappings (startPrefixMapping &
endPrefixMapping).
...typing to fast without thinking.

In-scope namespaces are needed for many applications--including XSLT.
I also embed
QName values in many of my applications and there I also need in-scope
namespaces to
resolve those QName values.

I still find SAX hard to implement against in terms of "XML
Components".  It is OK
for a parser interface.  That's my personal preference though...

-- Alex Milowski

"The excellence of grammar as a guide is proportional to the paucity of
the
considered."