   Re: [xml-dev] [ANN] smallx XML Infoset and Pipeline Released (OpenSourc

* Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> [2005-04-15 08:39]:
> * Rick Jelliffe wrote:
> >For people inventing languages which use Qnames in element or attribute
> >values, I commend making your own prefix->namespace declaration element
> >instead of piggybacking on the XML namespaces system.

> Can't wait for the xml:qname="prefix:resourceIdentifier" Recommendation.

    Help. Is this last bit humor?

    I like to piggyback. It fits especially when I'm naming an
    element. I'm tending towards creating a little language using
    SAX when I can, when it's simple enough to do so.

    If the humor is to say that my own namespace shtick means more
    documentation, then I agree. When I see foo:bar in an attribute
    value, I know where to look for a resource identifier for foo.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html