   Re: [xml-dev] newbie XUpdate how to use with java!

> XSLT has its place (I use it a lot).  XUpdate has its place (I use it a
> lot).  Let's just leave off the FUD.

I guess we definitely need XUpdate, at least until XQuery defines an
update language. I don't see a good alternative (apart from implementing
our own proprietary extensions). If data needs to be updated
continuously, you can't always replace the whole document for each
modification. That's where XUpdate has its place.

Even if the standard is abandoned, its implementations are not. Just
count the XUpdate related messages on the eXist mailing list. I know at
least a dozen applications that rely on XUpdate.

It rather seems time to complete the specification ;-)

Wolfgang

--

Wolfgang Meier
http://exist-db.org