   Re: [xml-dev] Avoding a repeat of W3C XSD - was Re: [xml-dev] Is Web 2.0

* Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu> [2005-08-19 18:31]:

> I can think of numerous other cases where the problems with a spec were
> blatant, obvious, and actively acknowledged by the community, in which
> probably half of the people considering the spec believed it to be
> fundamentally flawed, and yet it advanced to REC anyway (Namespaces,
> schemas, XForms). In the first two cases, I think experience has shown
> the doubters to be correct. The jury's still out on the third.

    This is the second time in this thread I've seen it written that
    Namespaces are flawed. Please point me to a disucssion or
    article that will illustrate the flaws in Namespaces. I'd like
    to read up so I can continue to follow along.

    Thank you.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html