Re: [xml-dev] Feasibility of "do all application coding in the XML languages"?

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 6:58 AM, Rushforth, Peter
<Peter.Rushforth@nrcan-rncan.gc.ca> wrote:
> Dimitre,
>
> I have to confess even after reading the code, I don't understand it.
>
> Can you supply an example invocation using a simple input example,
> and expected output?
>
> I am definitely interested in anything that helps broaden the
> possible inputs to XSLT!

Peter,

Sometimes ago I posted to the xsl-list this short description of the
arguments to f:lr-parse(). It can be found here:

   http://biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200711/msg00642.html

You can play with a small example located at:

   http://fxsl.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fxsl/fxsl-xslt2/Tests/TestFunc-lrParse.xsl?view=markup&sortby=file

In this example, the parser is invoked with this code snippet:

  11  <xsl:variable name="vsimpleExprPPTables" select=
   12   "document('../data/simpleExprParseTables.xml')/*"/>
   13
   14  <xsl:template match="/">
   15    <xsl:sequence select=
   16     "f:lrParse($vsimpleExprPPTables,
   17                     '3 + 4*5 - (7%3)',
   18                     f:lexer-simpleExpr(),
   19                     f:OnSimpleExprRuleReduced()
   20                )
   21                  /computedValue/node()
   22      "
   23     />
   24  </xsl:template>

and the result from the transformation is: 22

The parse tables, which the general LR parser needs are located at
'../data/simpleExprParseTables.xml'. They are generated with the YACCX
tool (available on the FXSL project downloads at:

   http://fxsl.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fxsl/fxsl-xslt2/Tools/YACCX/?sortby=file
                  ),
 which is just YACC, extended to generate its output as XML.

Two other, very big examples are the current parsers for JSON (as used
in the f:json-document() function and the XPath 2.0 parser)

I would be glad to assist you in producing your own parsers.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev