Re: [xml-dev] Never mind the browser, let's do MicroXML

On 17 December 2010 18:45, Joe English <jenglish@flightlab.com> wrote:

> Andrew Welch wrote:
>
>> Who's asking? I stumbled across this from Henri:
>> http://hsivonen.iki.fi/producing-xml/
>> That highlights the problem the masses face - 19 steps to avoid being a bozo.
>> Even after following that guide, what do you do - use SAX like events
>> to generate the XML?
>>
>> The masses really need to be able to create XML by concatenating strings.
>>

> Hm.
>
> I tend to think the masses need that ability
> about as much as they need the ability to
> create SQL queries by concatenating strings.
>
> (That is to say: what they really need is to be
> educated to Don't Do That.)

I've done the Don't Do That line so many times now that I think it
would be easier to change the language to make it more amenable to be
treated as a string than to educate the masses.  It's just a
suggestion, if a better way exists then great.

In the situation where someone is using Java or Python etc and would
like to write out some simple xml - what would you suggest?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com