Re: [xml-dev] Never mind the browser, let's do MicroXML

> I've done the Don't Do That line so many times now that I think it
> would be easier to change the language to make it more amenable to be
> treated as a string than to educate the masses.  It's just a
> suggestion, if a better way exists then great.
>
> In the situation where someone is using Java or Python etc and would
> like to write out some simple xml - what would you suggest?

How about using a SimpleXML model and a SimpleXML serializer?

For input, maybe a parser that supports simple event-driven processing
and also can generate the SimpleXML model, whatever that is.

-Dado

PS: probably everyone on this list is already aware of this, but SAX
stands for Simple API for XML.  To support MicroXML, we would want an
even simpler one; Micro-API: MAX? uAX?.  Probably can be a strict subset
of SAX using the same names for the same things, and just eliminating
those that are no longer part of MicroXML.

If there is some even simpler way of processing tree-structured data
that doesn't require events or data structures, I'm all for it, but I'm
not sure I know what that is.

I will admit to having written an XML-based templating system in Perl
using only regular expressions, but I don't want to do that again.