Re: [xml-dev] "Introducing MicroXML, Part 1: Explore the basicprinciples of MicroXML"

Len Bullard scripsit:

> http://home.ccil.org/~cowan/XML/afng.html
> John Cowan might be able to explain what became of this work.

I never got it quite right, and I never had the energy or motivation
to pursue a slightly-wrong implementation.  Eventually it fell off my
open-source/open-standard bucket list.

> My point is to note that work on these concepts stretched out over a
> decade from when that first article was published (although Hytime
> itself had been around a few years by that point) and some of the most
> brilliant minds in the markup tribe worked on it.
> And without much fanfare, it died.

The best may be the enemy of the good, but the good often returns
the favor.

But the next day there came no dawn,            John Cowan
and the Grey Company passed on into the         cowan@ccil.org
darkness of the Storm of Mordor and were        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
lost to mortal sight; but the Dead
followed them.          --"The Passing of the Grey Company"