From: John Cowan [mailto:cowan@ccil.org] On Behalf Of John Cowan
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 7:53 PM
To: Len Bullard
Cc: Rushforth, Peter; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] "Introducing MicroXML, Part 1: Explore the basic
principles of MicroXML"

Len Bullard scripsit:

> http://home.ccil.org/~cowan/XML/afng.html
>
> John Cowan might be able to explain what became of this work.

I never got it quite right, and I never had the energy or motivation
to pursue a slightly-wrong implementation.  Eventually it fell off my
open-source/open-standard bucket list.

> My point is to note that work on these concepts stretched out over a
> decade from when that first article was published (although Hytime
> itself had been around a few years by that point) and some of the most
> brilliant minds in the markup tribe worked on it.
>
> And without much fanfare, it died.

The best may be the enemy of the good, but the good often returns
the favor.

--
But the next day there came no dawn,            John Cowan
and the Grey Company passed on into the         cowan@ccil.org